“Selling Your Home for More Money and Faster”. Everybody want to know about the faster part of selling. We went over the first three phases of selling your home. This part 4 of the 7 part series. If you missed any of the steps you can review them quickly by selecting the link to the blog post below.
Part 1 of a 7 part series.
- “Finding the Right Real Estate Agent”
- “Pricing Your Home to Sell”, understanding the competition.”
- “Stage Your Home to Sell Faster”, box, pack, stack and store.”
- “How long?”
- “Making Your Home Squeaky Clean”
- “Nose Check”, no scary smells
- “Price Adjustments that Work”, dropping your sell price.
How long is it going to take to sell your home depends on the market, and marketing. Some other
factors play into your sale as well. Condition and location, will impact your home selling time.
One of the other issues you can do to help you sell your home. Keep your home for sale listing looking fresh. Most Multiple Listing Services show how long a property has been on the market. Real estate agents can see the number of days you have been trying to sell your home at a glance. Most buyer’s think about how long you have had your property on the market but will not know how to look for the “Days on Market”, as real estate agents call the listing time.
“One way to combat a listing that is starting to look old, expire your listing
and re-list your home for sale.”
This does two things for your ability to “Sell Your Home”.
- The listing of your home goes off the market for a short period of time. Two or three weeks, is best.
- Then re-list your home on the “Multiple Listing Service”. It looks like a “NEW” listing and going out in front of all the agents and buyers as a new listing. This may bring your listing in front of real estate buyer agents that didn’t notice your home for sale before. It also show up in the face of buyer’s looking in your area that may not have seen your home, in the past.
This is one of key factors in keeping your listing fresh. This is also a good time to review your competition and make sure your selling price is still competitive with other homes listed for sale.
You can also use the feedback from open houses to update, paint replace carpet or other features that are easily renovated to create excitement over your home. Your goal is to sell your home for the most money as fast as possible.
Marketing Exposure go hand in hand with selling your home. You can select the right real estate agent, price your home right, stage your home and never get an offer if you are not marketing your in front of buyer’s wanting to buy a home like yours.
Gary L White is a real estate broker that has had homes featured on the Barbara Corcoran Show. Real Estate Consultant. 616-784-2360